Jan 15: I hate working for someone else. I need to get out. David Gray helps, along with peppermint tea.
Jan 16: Tyler called me. I got drunk.
Jan 17: Day on the couch. Im attempting to make the right phone calls and decisions about Tracy.
Jan 18: Went to Maine with Sam and laughed a lot in the evening. I keep thinking about Tracy.
Jan 19: I came home from work. Today was the public announcement.
Jan 20: Funeral. I didn’t go of course.
Jan 21: SNOW! Around 3-4 inches fell.
I thought I might add the Lines from the 5 year journal here too:
- Jan 8: Casey and Kristin came over and we have a fun girls night with Margaritas~
- Jan 9: Today dragged on forever at work and I was in misery. It just reminded me of how thankful I am of freedom that is to come.
- Jan 10: Today was good. A day for getting things done around the house and for our business. I also dropped Flameing June off at the frame shop.
- Jan 11: Easy morning. Long day at work however I did get the satisfaction of organizing the office space which was good.
- Jan 12: Nails with Brandy. Wine from 2:30 on. Dinner with Ethan Brandy and Dan.
- Jan 13: Dinner out with Casey for her Birthday
- Jan 14: Sam arrives in Boston
Tags: 365, photography
This year I am doing a 365 project for the second time. Here are the photos from this past week.
- Jan 1: First Day of the year 2012! Today I took a cross country ski lesson and started something new.
- Jan 2: We had a pink smoothie for breakfast! Raw foods entering into our daily diet more often hopefully.
- Jan 3: Heading up to Portland with Brandy. We are shooting a Portland session for Natalie and Thad. a wedding couple from last year.
- Jan 4: Today we got to visit LL Bean and two apartments that Brandy had been considering. A pretty good day.
- Jan 5: Dan spoke to Mark and Bryce today about his job and the potential of moving to Maine.
- Jan 6: I talked to John and Mark today and let them know that I would be leaving in mid march to be a wedding photographer!
- Jan 7: Today was winter trails day @ the Ski Track. It was just another day that let me know that I only want to be a wedding photographer.
I know its been forever since i posted. Things are busy up here in “Vacationland.” Did you know that was Maine’s tagline, along with “the way life should be.” I haven’t come to a conclusion about that just yet. I doubt life should be this cold but what do i know?
We celebrated our one year anniversary on March 16th. It was so sweet. We got up and drove to the ocean and watched the sunrise. We made a pact to do our very best to make it to the ocean and sunrise every year for our anniversary for the rest of our lives. It should be easy if we live at the beach, (my personal goal). We finished our “365 Project” for which we took a self-portrait of ourselves everyday from March 16, 2008 to March 15, 2009. (i know that’s 366 days. chill.) We spent a majority of the day making a book out of our pictures on www.blurb.com . It was our anniversary gift to ourselves. Pretty awesome. That night we went out to each at the Muddy Rudder… fancy and fine. It was a good day. Snuggly.
It’s only a month until we leave for the rest of the kayak trip. Oddly enough, I am able to ignore that fact and function normally. We are nailing everything down of course, which is a part-time job in itself. The rest of the time, for the next two weeks, Dan and I are working at the Easter Bunny Set at the mall. HA! I am the local manager for the company and dan… well dan is the bunny. HA again! Being the manager is a new role for me in life and i like it. I like having a lot of responsibility and making it work. I like delegating and letting it go and watching it all work out. I wish i could do that more but there are only so many hours my assistant manager can work so Im stuck at the bunny set everyday, for at least 5 hours, if not more. Sigh. This money is going straight to the trip and im glad about that.
After the bunny is done, we are going to work as hard as possible on the trip and then head back to good ole NC for some family and friends love and then… hop a plane to Portland and we are off.
So, Ive been busy. Sorry about the lack of posts.
(photo by dan on 3/16/09)
Tags: 365, anniversary, beach, Dan, Easer Bunny, family, kayak trip, maine, newlyweds, north carolina, photography