- I am Bethany Cox: dreamer, wife, daughter, sister, puppy mom, and just me.
- I am outspoken, a whistle blower (to my fault), goal-oriented, type-A, multi -tasker, slightly OCD, passionate, organized, busy, tall, imperfect, accomplished, open, heart driven, and photo obsessed. I am also married and loving it (3.16.08).
- I am a Wedding Photographer by trade… but also because I really do love it. I get to witness two people committing their lives to one another forever and I find that inspiring, every time.
- I created this journal because I realized that I think a lot and I wanted to know if what I’m thinking is what anyone else is thinking. I will update on my life and love and anything else I’m thinking about and you get to read it. stupendous.
- Also, I don’t really proof-read as much as I should. Forgive me.
- I’m on Pinterest and Twitter as @bethanyspeaks
And now, here are 25 things about me, Bethany;
1. I LOVE not being a teenager anymore, and i love not being newly twenty either. I am not afraid of ageing. Truly.
2. I think that relationships are the MOST important thing in the whole world and i will put anything and everything off in order to build them.
3. My grandpa had a stroke a few years back and since then i have felt like the worst granddaughter in the world. I don’t have the compassion i need to remain normal around him. I almost ignore that it ever happened and just talk to Nana instead. He died and I will never be able to repair this. Somewhere deep inside I know he does love me and somehow understood. If funerals can be beautiful, his was one of the most beautiful ones I have ever attended.
4. I wish that I could have a big cat as a pet. Big as in Tiger.
5. Oranges, Apples, Kiwis, Bananas, Milk, Ice Cream, Carrots and other seemingly not-so-bad foods, make me sick. 9 times outta 10.
6. Music makes me cry. I friggin love it.
7. I am obsessive about places. I feel a STRONG connection to mutiple places on the earth and could envision myself living in them in alternate lives. A few of them are the Outer Banks, the Coast of Maine, the Mtns of NC and Ireland. I have lived in three of the four already.
8. I adore photography.
9. I don’t love kayaking. I love the feeling i get at the end of a kayaking day. There’s a difference.
10. I love to read books about Jesus and God and the whole thing. I love the start doctrinal books, and the emotive books, and the opinion books, and pretty much all of it. I love it.
11. I used to bite my nails. I stopped, cold turkey, when i fell in Love with Dan. I believe that means something.
12. I am bitter and un-forgiving. It is my worst trait.
13. People often believe that I am not content and cannot be satisfied, when I honestly believe that I simply know what I want and will sacrifice and make big moves until I get it.
14. When I look back on my childhood, i realize that i had it made and my parents rocked.
15. I love tv. I love movies. I love the internet. I think it’s stealing my life away.
16. I think that my diamond ring is pretty much one of the prettiest diamond rings i have ever seen. I am a wedding photographer and I see a lot of rings. That means something.
17. I miss being in band. I miss being a part of a musical happening. I miss the music all around me. The ECU symphonic band was one of the most heart-pumping intelligent, musicianship filled ensembles I have ever been a part of and I didnt realize it while i was there. I totally missed it.
18. I love being married. I don’t understand why every other married couple isnt bouncing off the walls with happiness too. Some are but the major majority isnt. I think thats weird.
19. I voted for Kerry almost entirely because Matt Bivins told me too at a show. I think that I was a lame person back in the Jump Little Children days and I wish I could take that vote back simply because it had nothing to do with what i really thought.
20. I love casual comphy clothing and would live in PJ’s if i could. That said, I really wish I were more fashionable.
21. I want to live in so many places in the world. Not just visit, but live.
22. If i dont get to Ireland before I die, i will have failed at my dreams.
23. When i have children, I want to have twins. I know it is not something i have any real power over but it is one of the desires of my heart.
24. It bewilders me when people dont believe there is a God. I know that religion bogs things downs, but how could this earth be so amazing, so intricate, so beautiful, without the possibility even, of a creator… its so much more beautiful to believe than to not.
25. I want to become someone that people will always remember and think of with a smile on their faces.